When it comes to Christmas, the Austrian city of Villach goes all out, with a diverse set of illuminations and programming, as well as the delightful Villach Christmas Market which attracts thousands of visitors from Austria and beyond each year.
If you’re currently planning your own trip, or simply curious about what Villach Christmas Market is like, then we’re here to help.
Read on for an overview of Villach Christmas Market, with official dates, hotel recommendations, and locations.
NOTE: This is a Christmas market we haven’t personally visited yet, so all the information below is taken from official sources for your reference! If you have any personal tips from first-hand experience to add, let us know in the comments so we can improve this guide!
Villach Christmas Market Dates
2022 Dates TBA
Villach Christmas Market Locations
Christmas market festivities are spread out all across the historic center of Villach during the holiday season, particularly in/around Rathausplatz.
Other festive activities in Villach include…
- An ice skating rink on Rathausplatz
- A WinterWunderWald in the park of the former Parkhotel
- A ferris wheel + Gastro huts on Nikolaiplatz
- A large Advent wreath in front of Café Bernold
- A Christmas train that runs through the city center on Hans-Gasser Platz
Villach Christmas Market 2022 Hotels
Looking for a place to stay nearby while you visit Christmas markets? Here are some recommendations:
- Budget: Click here to check prices and availability
- Mid-Range: Click here to check prices and availability
- Luxury: Click here to check prices and availability
Official Villach Christmas Market Website
For the most up-to-date information and announcements, be sure to visit the event’s official website.
Help Us Improve This Villach Christmas Market Guide!
We’re constantly striving to make articles on this site more informative for our readers, so let us know in the comments if you’ve been to Villach Christmas Market and if there are any tips or must-knows you’d like to share.